lørdag den 6. november 2010

Barnes & Noble

Thursday we were downtown once again. As a part of our US history class we went to see a museum in Seattle, I don't even remember the name of it, but since it's not why I'm writing this blog, it doesn’t matter.
That day was one of the best of this stay, and it's funny how many small things can matter so much. It's not that the day started of well, because our bus got stuck in traffic causing the trip to take an additional hour. The museum weren’t that great either, but maybe that's because the traffic reduced our visiting time to an hour and making us miss the guided tour.

Then after the visit at the museum the bus driver dropped us of at the Spaceneddle. We formed groups with different goals in mind, and my group walked down to Seattle's Best at Pike Place Market (Yes, Seattle's best is better then Starbucks even though it's all the same corporation). This is where the great part of the day started, we had a great time hanging out at Seattle's Best, and when we walked out the weather was some of the best we've had. Even though it's the beginning of November, the sun was shining and the temperature reached a point where we all wished we had shorts and t-shirts instead of jeans, jackets and scarves.

We decided to go to Barnes & Noble for some cultural input. For some time I’ve wanted to start reading more, and recently I heard about a book called “The boy who harnessed the wind”. You can hear a bit about it by watching these videos; I especially recommend watching the one from the daily show, even if you don't like Jon Stewart.
The Daily Show - William Kamkwamba
TED - William Kamkwamba

Afterwards we went to a place near Pike place where there is a little grass field, and there we lay reading our books in the sun hearing Bob Marley blasting out from my phone. It was really awesome and completely made my day.
The two books i bought at Barnes & Noble

1 kommentar:

  1. OK Now THAT IS HOW YOU SPEND A DAY!!!
    I love this!
    One of the others wrote a similar blog about B&N (MY FAVE STORE ON THE PLANET!!) and about reading in the park area.... what a fantastic day!!!

    And I LOVE that you bought books!
    I have not heard of the Boy who harnessed the wind, but your video convinced me... I am buying it when I get to Seattle in 2 weeks!

    SvarSlet