mandag den 25. oktober 2010

Attending Edmonds Community College

So far I've attended Edmonds Community College for 3 weeks, and to be honest it has been very mixed experience. All the teachers have been very nice and welcoming, but it seems like something went wrong in the preparation for the 2 month stay. In most of the classes are running smoothly except chemistry and physics. And I don't think this would be a problem if we (not to mention any names) didn't handle it like we were in Denmark. We all talk at once, people suddenly talks Danish and the teachers doesn't quite know how to handle it. Students talk to each other and some doesn't even put their laptop screen down when the teacher tells the class to put them down. I really didn't expect this intolerant and disrespectful behavior.
Anyway...This doesn't keep me from having a great time, especially in the weekend spending time with my host family or taking the bus downtown Seattle with my friends.
The only thing I miss from back home is the food, I have a hard time getting used to the extreme amounts of fat and sugar. Take today as an example, I saw a bottle with the writing "Vitamin water" on it, and it really looked like normal bottled water, but it contained 200 calories! But the worst thing is that I'm hit by an overwhelming hunger for Danish licorice, so now I'll start searching for some on the internet...

1 kommentar:

  1. Sorry you are craving Lakrids! I knew that would happen!

    And although you did not mention this picture... I DO KNOW exactly where it was taken! Hooters was the first restaurant my husband went to on his first visit to the US (BEFORE he met me, of course!)

    I am disappointed to hear that about school....
    Take a leadership role and put the pressure on the others....
    We want ECC to see that you guys are first class kind of students....so don't let a few ruin that perspective..... :-)

    SvarSlet