søndag den 17. oktober 2010

My first blog

I figured it was time for me to start blogging. Lets se how diligent I'm going to be :)

So far my stay here in Seattle has been great. My host family is very friendly, their house is nice and I'm not missing anything. I've experienced a couple of family get togethers and had a couple of Coronas in the process, so I'm not even missing alcohol.
My host dad is a bit of a car enthusiast (not to much though), which suits me perfectly. I'm hoping he can teach me a thing or two about mechanics.
My host dad's Porche Carrera GT
And even though he and the rest of the family are Catholics, they have nothing against the fact that I'm not religious. I've been to church with them 2 of the 3 past Sundays both services have been "hyggelige" so even though they didn't change my religious believes, I still kind of enjoyed them.

Attending Edmonds Community College is all right. But I’ll cover that and lots of other stuff in the posts to come.

2 kommentarer:

  1. A host dad with a Porsche?? WOW...something right up your alley!

    Glad you are staying open-minded about the church experience. Of course you will not change your beliefs, but just understanding other viewpoints is what makes us so much better as people! I am proud of you! :-)

    SvarSlet
  2. Great to hear that you've gotten to observe a Catholic church. Can't wait to hear about it when you come back to world religions class! :-) Make sure you get a ride in that Porsche!

    Jamie

    SvarSlet