søndag den 21. november 2010

Trip to Portland

Through out my stay here, I've been considering buying a Macbook pro, and then last week I did. The thought of paying sales tax on this purshase had annoyed me for a while, so I decided to buy it in Portland Oregon instead. After a bit of planning it turned out that I wouldn't be saving a lot of money in the end because of the (quite expensive) price on the train tickets, but Mathias Mørch, Alexander and me decided to go anyway.

The train ride was quite beautiful the first 100 km or so. The tracks is placed right next to the waterline and the view is very nice, expect for the fact that we sat on the wrong side of the train, which meant the some of the view was blocked by the other passengers.
We had heard a lot of things about Portland; it seemed like a great place to be. But when we arrived, it looked more like a city in eastern Germany 40 years ago. Factories by the river looked they they were falling apart, and there weren't a lot of people anywhere expect at a newly opened H&M, which was strange (at least to us), because who cares about a newly opened H&M? :)

We still managed to have a good time enjoying some parts of the city, and eating a great lunch. I am hoping to add some pictures later on, but my faith is in the hands of Alexander, who took all the pictures, so I'm not really getting my hopes up.

1 kommentar:

  1. Faith in Alexander?? Scary! :-)
    J/K!

    Hey even if you did not save a lot of money, it was awesome that you got to see another state!!!!
    And glad you got a new macbook!

    SvarSlet